We would like to introduce to you the much-discussed-about Zojirushi Stainless Steel Food Jar! This is an excellent thermal food jar featuring vacuum insulation to keep food and beverages hot or cold for hours.
Let us tell you a secret: you can “cook” rice porridge in this food jar!
Are you asking, “Really?”
Yes. When we are on the go traveling, or rushing for time to cook our little ones’ meals, this thermal food jar is a life-saver. We mommies and even daddies can prepare food for our little ones in advance before we are on the move.
Zojirushi Stainless Steel Food Jar comes with a tight-fitted lid set with gasket to seal and minimize leaks and maximize heat retention. It’s very good for keeping hot meals, soups, oatmeal, cold desserts, etc.
Not convinced? Watch this video:
Below is a set of general guideline about how to prepare rice porridge in a Zojirushi Stainless Steel Food Jar.
- Pre-heat: Fill up the empty food jar with BOILING water, close and tighten the lid set, and set aside for at least 2 minutes.
- Initial soaking: Discard the water used to pre-heat the food jar. Put in raw ingredients (rice/vegetables etc). Pour in BOILING water again, close and tighten the lid set. SHAKE the food jar for a while to distribute heat to the ingredients. After 5 minutes, discard the water again.
- “Cooking”: Finally, pour in BOILING water again, close and tighten the lid set, SHAKE, set aside and wait for minimum 2 hours, done.
Extra points to take note to ensure success in your food preparation:
- Raw ingredients must be cut into small pieces.
- Water must be BOILING, not just hot.
- The food jar should be filled up to 80% full. Water should not exceed the water line/grid in the food jar. Please keep to about 1 cm below the water line/grid.
- Soak rice grains overnight or at least an hour (not compulsory but recommended).
- If you want to add raw meat, use boiling water to “soak” the meat separately (to kill germs) for 5 minutes, then drained before putting into the food jar with the rest of the ingredients.
More about Zojirushi Stainless Steel Food Jar
- Vacuum insulated stainless steel food jar keeps foods hot or cold for hours
- Durable and sanitary 18/8 stainless steel construction
- Tight-fitted lid with gasket seals lid to minimize leaks and maximize heat retention
- 2-1/2-inch wide opening makes it easy to fill and clean, and allows users to eat directly out of the jar
- Compact design takes minimal space while maximizing capacity
- Made of BPA-free plastic and stainless steel
Choose your Zojirushi jar with your favorite color from our stock: https://www.babydash.com.my/nursing-feeding/nursing-brands/zojirushi.html
Do share with us your meal creations, we’d love to see and share them on our Facebook.🙂